- better to cross the street when there are no cars coming because when you have the green light, you can be easily killed by the car coming from the curve!
- red light for pedestrians? not even policemen care! let’s just cross the road..
- if you guess their age, always guess at least 5 years less than you would think
- they probably think that sweatpants are really sexy, they wear it very often, it doesn’t matter if they go to the university, university canteen or just for a walk… I know, it’s comfy but…..
- every day (including weekend) the students have THREE FREE meals in the university canteen
- they can usually choose from 2 or 3 different main dishes, one meal (lunch or dinner) usually includes starter, main dish, salad and fruit
- if the shop closes at 15:00, you will probably find it already closed at 14:55
- every Sunday the supermarkets are closed
IN A HURRY?
- if you’re in a hurry or you go fast, you’re definitely weird, Greeks are never in a rush
- mobile phone operators in Greece usually have unbelievable offers, at least it seems impossible for Czech people that got used to send many messages, here in Greece people are very talkative and they need a lot of free minutes for calling.. so don’t be surprised to get 500 minutes like a present.. it’s normal!
- one student offer is for example 1200 minutes and 1200 messages just for 7€!
- let’s not forget the toilets.. not everyone knows that in Greece you usually can’t throw the paper to the toilet because of the small pipes
- usually no toilet paper or soap available
- some of the toilets can look like this.. for example in the fitness centre:
IT MIGHT BE CONTINUED LATER!
Please follow and like: